The URI Alumni of Color Network (ACN) was founded in 2007 to provide opportunities for interaction and collaboration among alumni, students, staff, and faculty of color. The ACN provides professional and personal development, networking, advocacy, and community-building opportunities. These include:
- Career networking opportunities, including its annual spring forum where alumni panelists from a range of careers speak to students about their experiences and challenges as professionals of color.
- Personal and professional mentoring in which URI alumni, faculty, or staff members act as role models and offer guidance to current students or recent graduates.
- Social events, including receptions and theater evenings.
- Service and outreach to other communities of color.
ACN Celebrates New Alums!
Jacky's Waterplace and Sushi Bar
Providence, RI 02903
On September 25, the Alumni of Color Network celebrated 2013 and 2014 URI
graduates at Jacky’s Waterplace
and Sushi Bar. Take a look at our great photos
The ACN Committee holds bi-monthly evening meetings at either the Alumni Center on the Kingston Campus or in the Shepard Building on the Providence Campus.
Upcoming Committee Meetings
- Thursday, January 15, 2015
- Thursday, March 5, 2015
- Thursday, May 21, 2015